All references to the "Scheme" are to the ASDA Stars Recognition Scheme.
All references to Asda or us or we are to Asda Stores Limited, South Bank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD.
This policy has no effect on, does not alter in any way, and does not form part of the terms and conditions provided for in your contract of employment with Asda.
Qualification for a reward is treated by the Inland Revenue as a benefit in kind and is therefore taxable. All tax liabilities will be accounted for by Asda.
Asda reserves the right to withdraw, amend or substitute this Scheme at any time without prior notice.
By participating in the Scheme you agree to hold Asda harmless against any damage, loss, claim, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur arising from your participation in the Scheme, and any aspects related thereto and in connection therewith, including without limitation the use and/or enjoyment of any reward.
Who is Eligible?
All permanent Asda colleagues qualify to give and receive Star cards.
Contractors are not able to participate.
All Asda colleagues will be eligible to receive rewards made available by the Scheme.
How the Scheme works
- Colleagues can send and receive Star cards to recognise colleagues around the business
- Star Points can be awarded to colleagues for the hard work they do.
- 1 Star Point equates to £1 in value, to redeem against rewards listed on the website. Please see the Spend my points part of the website.
- In certain exceptional circumstances, to ensure fairness, Asda or the budget holder reserves the right to alter or amend the number of points awarded to an individual.
- All rewards are subject to availability and Asda reserves the right to withdraw any product or service. If a particular reward becomes unavailable, Asda reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative.
- All Points Values are correct at the time of publishing. Asda reserves the right to increase or decrease values without prior notice.
- Whilst every care has been taken in producing this collection, the products shown may not necessarily be the actual products supplied and all descriptions are given in good faith. However, no guarantee to the accuracy of the descriptions and product features or specifications can be given by Asda. Where errors are discovered Asda will endeavour to correct these errors.
- Warranties are as stated by the manufacturer.
- Asda reserves the right to alter or amend any reward featured at its absolute discretion.
- Rewards are not transferable. Only individuals who are nominated participants are eligible to receive a reward. Transferring of reward balances will not be allowed and may result in disqualification.
- There is no option for Asda colleagues to receive any form of alternative reward, in lieu of the actual reward on offer.
- No cash alternatives are available.
- As well as using their points to choose a reward from the online catalogue, points can be used to make a donation to one of Asda’s national charities - please refer to the ‘Spend my points’ section for further details on how to make such a donation.
- Points can also be transferred to a Star Points Code, sent via email. This code can be used on George.com.
- Points can also be used to credit a colleague’s Asda.com Grocery Home Shopping account, subject to having a Asda.com account already created.
Delivery of Rewards
- All rewards are despatched to your home location (unless an alternative address is specified), usually within 14 working days. Please allow 28 days from date of order before enquiring on non-delivery. Installation and batteries are not included unless otherwise stated. Sizes shown are approximate.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of rewards.
- Star Points Codes are emailed directly to the colleague within 48 hours of redemption.
- Grocery Home Shopping credits are made within 5 working days.
Your Responsibilities in preventing misuse of this benefit
- The Scheme is designed to reward colleagues for their hard work.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with this policy at all times, and do not use the Scheme in any way which would contravene this policy.
- Asda reserves the right to refuse to award a reward where the award:
- is fraudulent or unsubstantiated
- awards a recipient who:
- is not eligible under the Schemes policy;
- is not employed by Asda at the time when the reward is received, at the time of award is approved, or at the time when the recipient wishes to take the reward.
- In keeping with our ‘Respect for the Individual’ belief, we are all one team and should behave with integrity.
- Asda will not tolerate you adding content or taking any action on Asda Stars that is considered bullying or harassment. If you see something on Asda Stars that you believe to be improper or a misuse of the Scheme you should report it to us at email@example.com.
- Asda reserve the right to remove any content or information you post if we believe that it violates the Scheme or our policies.
- Misuse of the Scheme in any other way as determined by Asda could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of your employment.
- All queries should be directed to the support team email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see the Contact Us part of the website for further details.